The combination of Atlantik V4 and OR2 Bars on the amazing reef tank of Mr. Tang Go
Today we will start a series of posts with photos and information about our OR2 Reef Aquarium LED Bars. You will see how you can combine them with other fixtures or make your own combination the bars with multiple LED ratios.
We are very excited to start in Bangkok, Thailand, with this celebrity tank belonging to Mr. Tang Go.
His amazing 45 gallon reef tank was featured in the REEF HOBBYIST MAGAZINE issued in the second quarter of 2020 – volume 14.
Mr. Tang is an experienced fresh water hobbyist and lately he has adventured to reefing.
A quick look at his tank layout:
- 36″x18″X16″ (90x45x36 cm)
- 45 gallons
- Sump volume – 34 gallons
- Mostly SPS + LPS
- Lighting by Orphek – 2 units of Atlantik V4 Gen2 combined with 2 OR2 LED Bars
OR2 150/120/90/60 Reef LED Lighting X T5
Orphek has been offering panel style LED lighting solutions for the last 10 years, providing a highly diffused light source and delivering the perfect intensity and spectrum to the reef aquarium in the form of the Atlantik series.
Now combined with our OR2 you can get the ultimate spectrum as if you were using T5s!
The idea was to develop an affordable LED, offering a T5 – like coverage length of the tank, but has all the efficiency, spectrum choice and power associated with LED technology with the following benefits:
- OR2 bar LEDs typically use 50% less power consumption than T5.
- Unlike T5 bulbs, which need to be replaced very 6-12 months, LEDs require no maintenance.
- There is no new acclimation period required for corals – there is with T5 replacement for new bulbs.
- OR2 bar LEDs have an output of around 2 x that of a comparable T5 bulb – meaning less units are required to fully illuminate the aquarium.
- OR2 heat sink is around 41C and the heat is dispersed upwards rather than heating the aquarium water.
- Each OR2 bar has multiple LED color chips providing a balanced spectrum for each bar.
- OR2 LEDs penetrate the water column giving better performance at depth, providing a shimmer effect to give the aquarium a sharper, colorful visual appearance.
- OR2 bar LEDs come as standard in 2 spectrum choices with customized options available for special order.
- Just 2 x OR2 bars, a combination of 1 x Reef Day Plus and 1 x Blue Plus will deliver PAR of ~400 at the surface and ~250 + mid aquarium mounted 20cm above the water level.
Want to know more & buy Orphek OR2 Reef LED Bars?