Orphek OR3 Reef Aquarium LED Bars – 2020
Today we will continue to showcase our OR3 Reef Aquarium LED Bars. You will see how you can mix them with other fixtures (Orphek products or other brands) or make your own combination the bars with multiple LED ratios.
This reef 110x80x55cm tank belonging to Mariano Mr. from Spain is lighted by a mix of Hydra and Orphek OR2 LED Bars – Blue Plus for Coral Pop
Lights Hight: 25cm
We want to showcase several layouts and different ways of mounting systems so you will understand how these LED Bars have multifunctional options, fitting any kind of project!
Our Blue Plus for Coral Pop is already a must-have among reefers and we are very thrilled with the feedback we have been receiving in our Orphek facebook group and personal messages from clients!
So, if you are really looking for great growth, coral pop and a shimmer effect to give the aquarium a sharper, colorful visual appearance there is no other place to go!
Stick with us and check out this week’s tanks:
Massimo has added two OR3 120 Blue Plus to his Maxspect
Here you will find 2 x Orphek OR2 90 Reef Day Plus and 2 x OR2 Blue Plus Bar LEDs – sitting inside John’s home made layout with canopy. (photo credit – Coral Compass)
Alban Tng is using OR3 60 Blue Plus, no sump, no reactor reef 2ft x 2ft x 1ft, 160 litres tank.
Mounted 2 x OR2 60 reef Day Plus, 1 x OR2 60 Blue Plus and 1 x OR3 Blue Plus
He took 2 photos using Orphek Lens kit.
In this next gallery you will see how Raphael made a mounting kit for OR bars using 8020.
*We are soon to launch our own Orphek Mounting Bracket that will hold 5 OR LED Bars together …
Peter Pete is mixing his previous T5s with Orphek OR3 LED Bars
ABOUT OR3 – 2020
Our new model OR3 – 2020 comes with NEW LEDs! Orphek is worldwide recognized by being the leader in LED Aquarium lighting solutions capable of delivering products that provide perfect intensity/efficiency.
What does it mean?
It means you are getting the same LEDs we are offering in our Atlantik V4 fixtures! It means you are getting new customized high efficiency 5w Dual-Chip power LEDs that are even more technologically advanced, therefore more efficient!
Our new LEDs will last longer than the previous Orphek LEDs because we have improved its life span!! Running at 50% our new 2020 model 5w Dual-Chip advanced LEDs are more resistant to higher heat and it offers the highest PAR longevity with really minimum loss over the years.
Not only that, we have also improved internal lens to make sure you are getting the best Orphek LEDs!
More to read about OR3 – 2020
OR2 150/120/90/60 Reef LED Lighting X T5
Orphek has been offering panel style LED lighting solutions for the last 10 years, providing a highly diffused light source and delivering the perfect intensity and spectrum to the reef aquarium in the form of the Atlantik series.
Now combined with our OR3 you can get the ultimate spectrum as if you were using T5s!
The idea was to develop an affordable LED, offering a T5 – like coverage length of the tank, but has all the efficiency, spectrum choice and power associated with LED technology with the following benefits:
- OR3 bar LEDs typically use 50% less power consumption than T5.
- Unlike T5 bulbs, which need to be replaced very 6-12 months, LEDs require no maintenance.
- There is no new acclimation period required for corals – there is with T5 replacement for new bulbs.
- OR3 bar LEDs have an output of around 2 x that of a comparable T5 bulb – meaning less units are required to fully illuminate the aquarium.
- OR3 heat sink is around 41C and the heat is dispersed upwards rather than heating the aquarium water.
- Each OR3 bar has multiple LED color chips providing a balanced spectrum for each bar.
- OR3 LEDs penetrate the water column giving better performance at depth, providing a shimmer effect to give the aquarium a sharper, colorful visual appearance.
- OR3 bar LEDs come as standard in 2 spectrum choices with customized options available for special order.
- Just 2 x OR3 bars, a combination of 1 x Reef Day Plus and 1 x Blue Plus will deliver PAR of ~400 at the surface and ~250 + mid aquarium mounted 20cm above the water level.
Want to know more & buy Orphek OR2 Reef LED Bars?
OR2 150/120/90/60 Reef LED Lighting (TO BUY)